City Park Community,
It is very important we follow our dismissal procedures outlined below for the safety of our students. The City Park Campus includes City Park, The Annex (immediately beside City Park), and The 101 Building (immediately behind City Park).
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE NOT ALLOWED to park ON CAMPUS and walk up to get student(s), this creates a safety hazard and slows the dismissal process.
- Car rider tags must be visible at all times while on campus.
- When picking up students, move forward as far as possible, following staff direction.
- Students will be escorted to their vehicle by City Park Staff.
- DO NOT move car after loaded until directed by City Park Staff.
- Left turns into the campus from School Street are NOT permitted by Dalton traffic ordinance. Violation may result in ticketing by the Dalton Police Department.
- Students in grades PK-2 dismiss from the main entrance to the school. Students in grades 3-5 dismiss on Crawford Street near the auditorium. Any student in grades 3-5 with a sibling in PK-2 dismiss from the main entrance with the younger child.
- All students walking home will exit the building under the direction of school staff from the main school entrance using the sidewalk to exit the campus. The crosswalks provided on Jones Street should be used to leave the campus. Parents walking their child home can meet their child at the main entrance of the school and use the sidewalk to exit the campus.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact the school.